profile

HI, I'M KIM.


archives

December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2008



Sunday, December 03, 2006 @ 3:38 pm
Basics

Dare to dream.
More like "back to basics"!

Okay, it wasn't THAT bad. :)

Firstly, I ♥ THE COURAGE-LETS!! Hannah the wonderful responsible PL, Jan the kind one, Charmaine the funny "hot" one, Tammie the artist, Rachel the high random person, Shiyun the knowledgeble "grassy" one, Tanya the arachnophobic intellect, and myself! We were coolios mannnn! Teamwork was good, initiative was there, and everyone worked together really well. Loved the 'patrol bonding sessions' and waking up to their immensely cheery morning greetings as well as sleeping to their tired voices and the occasional rustle of sleeping bags.

Duties were assigned to us on the first day, and the Courage-lets ('C-lets' from henceforth) were orderlies. Felt like being a waitress, except that we weren't being paid, nor were we working in a restaurant. Second day was wood, chopped (duh) firewood, lit hurricane lamps (my new almost-favourite thing). On the third day of camp, we were cooks. the Couragecooks. Haha! We actually didnt even cook anything, only washed and cleaned the cooking utensils. ALOT of cooking utensils. It was quite funny cos' Tanya asked me to pour the Milo into the sink then all the Milo came out through the toilet drain thing? Oops :/ On the last day, we were in charge of the HEALTH of all the campers. In other words, clean toilets and take out trash. It was fun!!! CLEANING TOILETS ARE FUN, seriously! Now if I'm ever in need of entertainment, I shall help clean the toilets at home. My own, and maybe my parents'. I'm so not going near my brothers'!

Tent life was quite cool, slept next to Shiyun (on my right) and Charmaine (on my left). According to Charm, on the second night, I sat up and said,"Shiyun..." then lay back down, then Shiyun sat up and said,"Kimberly..." then went back to sleep. Freaky, much?! Wahlau they kept teasing us for thinking of each other too much. On the last night, we stayed up until about 2+ talking and telling jokes and stuff. It was really awesome :)

Activities included the random trip to Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve, where we ventured to observe birds and insects and plants. It's quite interesting, actually. I saw a kingfisher!!! :D Was so thrilled! Then we 'played' with the something Needlehead fishes, and they were so frightened of our shadows. Kayaking on the third day was exciting, to some extent. Partnered Kris for the first half of the trip and we sang Bingo and Old Macdonald Had A Farm and got confused over the lyrics and started laughing until the kayak nearly capsized. Then Kris took over the single kayak from Bert and Bert and I played French, Shag or Marry the way back. She gave me the most random things! Like a lizard, cockroach, and caterpillar. I was like, wth??? Hahahahaha :D

I actually think that there wasn't anything bad at all about the camp, with the exception of showering. It was a necessity, but a real hassle. However, we all felt so refresged and squeaky-clean after that!

The end of camp was actually quite a bitter-sweet moment. Okay, maybe more sweet than bitter. But yeah, I learnt alot from this camp, like how to pitch a perfect tent (the C-lets' tent was the best!) and how to light/clean/change hurricane lamps and that teamwork and communication is vital in group efforts and sharing is caring and sometimes the best way to resolve problems is to talk it out and clarify the viewpoints and understandings of other parties.

Okay post more later! (Haha, I typed 'poast' at first. IDK, just think it looks funny.)
___

(UPDATE)
Life just took a turn for the worst. What's this PRIME thing on Heymath?! I just went into my SCGS e-mail account out of total boredom and then I saw this mail:



Dear student,

This is to inform that you have been registered for PRIME from HeyMath! This
is part of your holiday homework and a pilot programme. You are requested to
complete the following topics by 15 Nov 2006.

Getting started

1. Log in using your HeyMath! Id and password.

2. Click on the link Prime on the left hand side of the page.

3. Choose Secondary 3.

4. You are registered for two topics as instructed by your teacher: Click on
the thumbnail for these topics:
(i) Straight Line Graphs
(ii) Binomial Theorem

5. You can work through the lessons and check your understanding by
completing the questions that follow. The questions can be attempted any
number of times.

6. You can complete the worksheets and when you are ready, and submit the
answers for final marking.

7. Marks are awarded in each subsection for completion of worksheets.

8. When all worksheets are submitted you may take the final exam, covering
all topics.

9. Teachers use the ‘Progress’ page to see your scores.

You may write to support@heymath.com for any further queries.

All the best!

HeyMath! Team


WHAT'S THIS?!?!?! 15 NOVEMBER?!?!?!

Dead!!!!!!

(Update)
Oh oh oh, happy belated birthday, Sufen!!! :D